New York – The death of legendary rocker Chuck Berry, aged 90, drew emotional tributes from fellow musicians and other celebrities who praised him as a rock ‘n’ roll trailblazer. Here are some reactions from Twitter:
– Bruce Springsteen: “Chuck Berry was rock’s greatest practitioner, guitarist, and the greatest pure rock ‘n’ roll writer who ever lived. This is a tremendous loss of a giant for the ages.”
– Ringo Starr: “R I P. And peace and love Chuck Berry Mr. rock ‘n’ roll music.”
– Lenny Kravitz: “Hail Hail Chuck Berry!!! None of us would have been here without you. Rock on brother!”
– Rod Stewart: “It started with Chuck Berry.He inspired us all. The 1st album I bought was Chuck’s ‘Live at the Tivoli’ and I was never the same.”
– The Rolling Stones: “The Rolling Stones are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Chuck Berry. He was a true pioneer of rock ‘n’ roll & a massive influence.
– Mick Jagger: “I am so sad to hear of Chuck Berry’s passing. I want to thank him for all the inspirational music he gave to us.
– Ronnie Wood: “So sad — with the passing of Chuck Berry comes the end of an era. He was one of the best and my inspiration, a true character indeed.”
– Keith Richards: “One of my big lights has gone out.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger: “When I was 10 years old and I dreamed every night of moving to America, Chuck Berry played the soundtrack.He rocked the world. RIP.”
– Stephen King: “Chuck Berry died. This breaks my heart, but 90 years old ain’t bad for rock and roll.Johnny B. Goode forever.”